1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by Jonny 3 years ago
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Diana Diaz
      Student
        @DianaDiaz

You see this announcement in your college English-language magazine.

Book reviews wanted

Have you read a book in which the main character behaved in a surprising way?

Write us a review of the book, explaining what the main character did and why it was surprising. Tell us whether or not you would recommend this book to other people.

The best reviews will be published in the magazine.

Write your review.

“The Secret Garden”

Books can teletransport their readers to places that they never imagined they could be. This is the case of the book “The Secret Garden” by Frances Hudgsun.

Mary Lenox the main character, travel from India to England in order to live with her auncle since her parents passed away because of a terrible illness “the colera”. It was a nice surprince to find that she could not cry. However, in her heart there was depression, but it desapeared at the moment of meeting his cousin Colin, who with the help of her, he was able to walk again thanks to the inspiration and support that she gave him.

However I was disappointed to see that the main character, at first used to behave in a way that is not recommendable for children, but the good thing is that she change thanks to the meaning of friendship.

If I were you I would read this book, which teach us that true friends are always there to help us. Don’t miss the opportunity to read this books but also to watch the movie, that I highly recommend.

Jonny
        Teacher
          @jonny

Hi Diana,

Good attempt. See my comments below.

“The Secret Garden”

Books can transport their readers to places that they never imagined they could be. This is the case of the book “The Secret Garden” by Frances Hudgsun.

Mary Lenox the main character, travel from India to England in order to live with her uncle since her parents passed away because of a terrible illness “the colera”. It was a nice surprise to find that she could not cry. However, in her heart there was depression, but it disappeared at the moment of meeting his cousin Colin, who with the help of her, he was able to walk again thanks to the inspiration and support that she gave him.

However At first I was disappointed to see that the main character, at first used to (not correct use of “used to” here) behave in a way that is not recommendable for children, but the good thing is that she changes thanks to the meaning of friendship.

If I were you I would read this book (informal for a review), which teaches us that true friends are always there to help us. Don’t miss the opportunity to read this books but also to watch the movie, that I highly recommend.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.